Saturday, September 20, 2008

It's been a hard day's night...

...and I've been working like a dawg. Here is a spotlight on Deputy Dawg Yang's last 24 hours.


Yesterday Yang worked all day at his day job. Work is busy and stressful because he has several cases that may go to trial before the end of the year. After that, he geared up and patrolled all night. He didn't make it home until 5 am. When I asked him why he stayed out so long, he shrugged with a smile and said, "there was a lot going on." I can only imagine (but I don't like to).

He tells me very little, but he mentioned drunks, a guy with a crowbar, and the ubiquitous drivers driving with a suspended license.

After four hours of sleep and breakfast with XM and me, Yang got all dressed up to go to the temple with the young men from our church. When he gets back from the temple, he is going to paint our house. Seriously.

What a guy.


4 comments:

paula said...

I agree what a guy!! WOW seriously not enough to do get him off that couch!! PMV

Hailey Vial said...

I always wondered what would be more intimidating.
Yang in a suit suing me, or Yang in a uniform asking me for my license.
It's a toss up. Man, that guy needs a few more hobbies.

Ashley E said...

What a guy. I guess I didn't realize he was a police officer. I guess I need to talk to you more often. How is everything going?

Anonymous said...

Well written article.