Monday, June 14, 2004

We're In!

We moved in over the weekend. Every room is full of boxes and unsettled furniture, but we’re in. We can take our time unpacking. Paint is on the walls and carpet on the floor. It looks fantastic. Even our furniture looks better because it is in our house.

I have a confession (now that I am done painting and don’t have to maintain a positive mental attitude): I hate painting. I don’t like it one bit. We saved loads of money, but I lost a week of my life to pain, tears, and anguish. Yang doesn’t mind painting- he is really good at it. To his credit, he did the lion’s share of the work. Nonetheless, I still don’t like it. To all of you considering painting your own house to save money: choose wisely. Unless you have Yang helping you, I would advise against it. In fact, even if you have Yang helping you, I would still advise against it.

More good news: it only took 35 minutes to commute to work! I worried it would take closer to an hour. Hooray!

No comments: