Monday, May 21, 2007

Top 5 Concerts

We had a construction dumpster delivered to our house today. After work, I started making trips from the back yard to the dumpster in the driveway with arms full of cabinets, scrap wood, and tree branches. I listened to my ipod the whole time, and I got super excited every time a Killers song came on. Yang, G, M and I are going the Killers concert in Portland this Saturday. I can’t wait! I have not been to a rock concert in a really long time. I started thinking of the last concert I went to and all the concerts before that. So, dear readers, please indulge me as I take a trip down rock concert memory lane.

The last concert I went to was Indigo Girls in SLC with Jenn (I've been to three other IG shows). Before that I went to see Psychedelic Furs with K and G in Baltimore. The first concert I ever went to was The Cure (Wish tour) when I was 13 (I’m not counting MC Hammer because my friend gave me those tickets and I didn’t really want to go). I also saw The Cure’s Wild Mood Swings tour. I’ve seen Depeche Mode three times (Devoted, Ultra, and a Singles tour in London in 1998). K won front row tickets and back stage passes to the Devoted tour in 1994. Being the best sister ever, she invited me to go with her.

I’ve seen Everclear, Howard Jones, Eve 6, U2 (Popmart tour—worst U2 tour ever), Toad the Wet Sprocket, B-52s, Semisonic, and Matchbox 20. I had to lie to my mom and/or sneak out in order to see the following concerts: Tool, Marilyn Manson, and 311. I should have gone to the following shows, but didn’t because of various conflicts/problems: Sarah McLoughlin, Dave Matthews Band, and The Cranberries.

My top 5:

  1. Depeche Mode Devoted (ahhh, Dave Gahan)
  2. The Cure Wild Mood Swings (oh so very fun)
  3. Indigo Girls (each concert was like an arena campfire sing along)
  4. B-52s (I had a girl crush on Kate Pierson)
  5. Matchbox 20 (not a great show, but my first concert with Yang)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw DM in 1988 at the Concert for the Masses (in Pasadena -- the one that was recorded). A nice show, but way, way, way too big.

My favorite concert ever was Peter Murphy at the tail end of my goth phase. :)

Have a great time!!!

Anonymous said...

Why am I only now learning of this girl crush, and how can we get a hold of this person, I have a question for her?