Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Earth Intruders

Bjork’s appearance on SNL last Saturday refreshed my recollection of how absolutely awesome Bjork is. She performed Earth Intruders. I purchased this song from itunes tonight, and I have listened to it at least ten times so far. It is wonderfully addictive. Toe-tapping, futuristic, and tribal all at the same time. I can picture her stomping and dancing as I listen to it. She is an Icelandic oddity, as is this song. I love it; however, I have no idea what it means.

We are the earth intruders, we are the earth intruders, muddy with twigs and branches. Turmoil. Carnage. We are the earth intruders, we are the paratroopers. . . Here are the earth intruders, with our feet thumping, with our feet marching, grinding the skeptics into the soil. Shower of goodness coming to end the doubt—pouring out. . . Necessary voodoo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved it. Love this genre. Thanks for the reminder (she's been around for a while.) Post any additional faves you dig up. k