Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Great Home Remodel Project

Yang and I bought a new home in February. It is an old fixer-upper. Yang is a home remodel pro. He has already tackled the plumbing (replacing the galvanized pipe with copper), the main bathroom, and the guest bedroom. I try to help, but I mostly get in the way.

The house is located much closer to work and downtown. We used to have a 35-45 minute commute. Now we have a five minute commute. The shorter commute has really improved my quality of life. It is lovely.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new house! We've been thinking about you both and wondering how things have been going -- what a delight to see your blog is back!

Yin said...

Thanks Shelley! Congrats to you as well (long overdue). I have enjoyed following your pregnancy posts.

Anonymous said...

I'm salivating over the large tree in the yard, even though it is bare. I coddle, urge, plead with, and baby my trees yet they still look like sticks. Nothing grows spontaneously in CO. k