Monday, March 24, 2008

Bon Voyage


My parents moved to Beirut last week for a service mission for the LDS church. They will live there for the next 18 months. My father speaks French, and he and my mom will administer and distribute relief supplies in Lebanon.

My dad is thrilled with the assignment. He has an adventurous spirit. I think my mother is not thrilled, although she would never admit it. She is a home-body, and I know she would rather be surrounded by grandkids than traipsing around the streets of Beirut. She really loves my dad and I think she is doing this for him. I'm very proud of her.

I pray for their safety and speedy return.

2 comments:

M said...

That's a nice tribute to your mom. Saying you're "proud" of her is such a compliment.

I hope XM is doing better with her reflux. Are the meds helping? I hope you don't have to cut out dairy. How would you do that? What on earth would you eat??? I'll hope for your sake (and sanity) that things are better-

Chelle said...

All these posts I can't wait to read them all.

That is very exciting for your parents, I'm anxious to see how they like it.