Friday, August 15, 2008

Cobbler Recipe?

Hmmmm, Oregon berries. I picked a bucket full of blackberries from the brier in my backyard, so I want to make cobbler tonight. I don't make cobblers very often (I'm not a good cook), so I found an easy recipe online. I'll let you know if it turns out.

Do you have a favorite, tried and true, cobbler recipe? If so, do you mind sharing?

Thanks!

UPDATE:

Here is the recipe I used

1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
2-3 cups fruit

Preheat oven to 350. Melt the butter in an 8x8 pan.
Mix together the flour, milk, 1/2 cup sugar, and baking powder; pour over melted butter.
Put fruit over mixture and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup sugar over the top.
Bake until golden brown (usually 30-35 minutes).

The cobbler turned out ok. I liked this recipe because I already had all the ingredients on hand. Next time, I want to find a recipe with a crumblier crust (with oats and brown sugar...something like that).

1 comment:

Hailey Vial said...

My mom made a blackberry cobbler while she was here this week. She used a cake mix and whipping cream, and while I love them both seperately, I was not thrilled with the results. I love the simple rolled oat, brown sugar, butter mix the best. What fun to get to use the word "briar".