Thursday, October 09, 2008

Book Babies

I made a wonderful discovery last week (thanks to A, my jogging partner). My local library hosts "book babies" once a week. For 30 minutes every Thursday morning, babies and parents can meet for music and story time.

At first I was skeptical - I thought a free event at a public library would be a bit sketchy. But, it's wonderful. The teacher is delightful, the room is clean, the toys are age appropriate and clean, and the other babies and parents that attend are very nice (no shifty eyes in sight).

Most importantly, XM LOVES it! She is fascinated with other babies, she enjoys the songs (especially clapping at the end of each song), and she loves the bubbles dispensed via a fantastic bubble machine (I have to get one of those). I think the interaction with other kids and adults is good for her.

Hooray!

2 comments:

runningfan said...

Sounds like it's good for you, too! Preschool-age story time at our local libraries is wonderful. On Tuesday the story lady was full-on singing....Tyler loved it.

Ashley E said...

I love that...Hogsmead. My favorite books. I now have a whole new perspective on my village. I think I now need a Hogsmead sign. I love it. You have now made my day!!

I am so glad you will be here in Nov. I would so love to go to lunch with you. I am never to busy for a friend. Make sure you get my # before you leave. I am looking forward to seeing you.