Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Summer Place


Lake Powell used to be my favorite place on earth. It was the vacation destination of choice for my parents while we were growing up. We went every summer.

Then I grew up, moved away, and started my own family. In August I received an invitation from my brother to join everyone on a trip to Lake Powell. It had been over 8 years since I last visited. I had forgotten how much I love that place.

The trip was a blast, and Xiao Mei had a fun time meeting most of her cousins for the first time!







This is me water skiing! I wondered if I could still get up on one ski, and I did it! I lasted about three minutes before I fell. I proved to myself I could still do it, and now I never have to again!


4 comments:

runningfan said...

Hey! You're back! Looks like lots of fun! What else have you been up to?

Hailey Vial said...

Oh how I miss the red rocks and smelly green/brown water. The fun little dock stores and using my grandpa's cb radio to play pranks. Lake Powell=good times

Yin said...

Hello Runningfan! I am up to the same old stuff - work 3 days, XM the rest of the time. I can't believe your crazy life with all your relocations. I hope you've finally landed for good. I wish you all the best. I've been trying for quite a while to give XM a sibling...that is a post in the works. Thanks for dropping by!

Hailey - the smelly water, yes! I kept telling XM over and over not to get any water in her mouth. I was paranoid. Of course, she swallowed some water, but she didn't catch anything (thankfully)

Melinda said...

So good to see your fun summer trip! I still remember going to Lake Powell with you back when we all lived in UT and it was so much fun!