Wednesday, April 21, 2004

In Your Heart You Know He is Right

The title of this post is what Time wrote about Simon Cowell in naming him one of the most influential people of our day. Yes Simon, we know you are right.

Well it is official--I am a fair weather friend. I am leaving the George Huff train because it derailed last night. I thought John did better than George (yeah…John was terrible too). So, unless George pulls himself together next week, American Idol will become the showdown of the divas.

I am starting to be a Fantasia believer. She was undoubtedly the best performer last night. That girl can sing. I am a bit surprised that the judges didn’t mention that Jasmine and La Toya WERE FLAT on the big notes they belted out. Rather, they praised them and threw flowers at their feet. Is it possible that the performance sounds different in the studio than on TV? I promise- those two ladies didn’t hit their high notes and the judges didn’t say a word about it. Hmmm. My prediction is that John is leaving tonight and George or Diana will leave next week.

No comments: