Saturday, April 17, 2004

Weekend Update

Surprise! We are still here. At the encouragement of Shelley, we will post while the details of our move are ironed out.

Legal Writing is over for the year. It ended on a high note at the Multnomah County Courthouse Tuesday and Wednesday. I was nervous about judging the advocates, but I warmed right up to it once things started. I must say, judging is much more fun than arguing.

American Idol
Finally, JPL was sent packing. John, you are next. Many of my fellow “I watch American Idol” friends have expressed their opinion that Fantasia is the best. I disagree. She does have a refreshingly edgy quality; however, I cannot get over George. (Despite his average performance last week).

Tonight is the JSEBL Banquet. Yang has graciously agreed to accompany me. I am not sure I’ll be welcome because I am dropping law review next year, but I am not one to pass up free food.

Yang and I offered to buy a lovely house in Aloha. I have thought of little else since Tuesday. Unfortunately, the owners have yet to respond to our offer, even though we asked them to do so by Thursday at 8 A.M. Yesterday our realtor told us to mentally move on. (Easier said than done). I refuse to give up hope. It is still a live issue (like a split in the circuits). Maybe next week they will accept our offer without condition! (Yeah, right). *Ohh, house-o, I’ve never really lived there so I don’t really know.* (Sung to the tune of Mexico by James Taylor).

No comments: