Thursday, November 01, 2007

Eleanor the Longshanks

I am having a GIRL!!! My 20 week ultrasound was the first week of October, and the technician confirmed that our baby is a girl. I was convinced we were having a boy. My intuition is crap (big surprise), and the Chinese birth calendar is wrong. I am, nevertheless, very happy to be having a girl. In all honesty, I'm a little relieved as well. Yang claims he's known it was a girl all along.

Eleanor is the at the top of our short list of names. We love Eleanor and will call her Ella for short. We may change our minds before she is born, but for now she is Ella.

At my ultrasound appointment, I was also informed that Ella had long legs. I was so excited! I started making plans for her future career as a volley-ball player, US President, model, and/or Confident Woman with Commanding Presence. My daughter, the tall one. My dreams for her ended yesterday. I had a follow up ultrasound and learned that my baby is in the 50th percentile for height and weight. She is average. She is not tall. Sigh. At least she can still be president.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you!!! When I found out Eden was a girl, I was so smug about it and I felt sorry for people who were having boys. How nuts is that?! I wouldn't have it any other way!

And I am so happy I can pass on girl clothing to you!!!

Matthew M. said...

Congratulations! Everyday, I wonder at the little miracle in our lives whose name is Eden. I know it will be the same with you.

M said...

Congrats. And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the name Eleanor. That's such a cool name.