Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Labor and Delivery Play List

I am in week 29 of my pregnancy, and I cannot avoid thinking about labor and delivery any longer. I must be brave. Before I dive into the labor and delivery chapters in my pregnancy books, I want to start with a fun assignment--my labor and delivery play list.

I need some advice before I begin. Do you think I should have an up-tempo play list or a soothing play list? I have no idea. While we were at lunch today, G was telling me about his running play list. He has the Bourne Identity theme song on there, and he says it makes him run faster. Do you think fast songs will make my labor progress faster? Hmmm.

I can remember laughing out loud at some of Shelley’s choices for her labor and delivery play list. Some girls are bigger than others, indeed. Ugh...I hope Ella is not a big girl.

Anyway, I would love your recommendations.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I had no desire to listen to my playlist when I went into pushing labor -- just Yo-Yo Ma's Bach Cello Suites. After I was done, I kept telling everyone about how I "never made it through the second CD." Over and over again. :)(I was on magnesium sulfate, in my defense!)

My advice is to have a mellow -- very mellow playlist and an upbeat one!

Yin said...

Great advice--I think I should do both. I have no idea if labor will be like a marathon or a mental breakdown.