Friday, May 23, 2008

A's Visit

My best friend from Georgia, A, and her boyfriend, M, visited us for a few days this week. We went to the Rose Garden, but unfortunately the roses aren’t quite ready to bloom. It was cold and rainy so we didn’t stay long. We also went to Multnomah Falls. We ate out more than we should have and we watched more TV than we should have. It was a blast!

Baby Xiao Mei was a rock star. She let me drag her around in the cold and rain, take her to restaurants and on long car trips with little protest. A and M were gracious guinea pigs in testing little XM’s limits.

It’s always fun to get together with friends from high school. A and I were friends through all our teenage-angst years. We understand each other in a way not possible with people I met after I was an adult. We usually see each other once a year or less, but it’s like no time has passed at all. When I hang out with her, I feel like I’m 16 again.


1 comment:

Ashley E said...

So much fun. I really miss you both. We always had so much fun together. I really want to see that darling baby of yours. She looks just like you. Love ya!!