Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Simon is evil and other random observations

American Idol is back. While I don’t watch it as religiously as I used to, I try to keep tabs on each season. I used to be a Simon Cowell apologist. He is harsh, yes, but his honesty is refreshing and often spot-on. Last night a lady (girl) auditioned in a bikini, and she had a great body. Her voice was not terrible, but it wasn’t good enough to move to the next round. Simon sent her to Hollywood anyway. He was so smug about it, and he was clearly trying to send a message. It made me sick. I’m surprised he didn’t just turn to the camera and say “hey, girls, you can use your body to get recognition you don’t deserve, so bikini-up.” Ugh. Maybe I see things differently now that I have a daughter, but I was furious. I am now, officially, a Simon Cowell hater.


Xiao Mei is 11 months. She is less like a baby and more like a toddler each day. She can walk now, albeit unsteadily, and she has an impressive vocabulary. (Hi, dada, mama, pretty, and hmmm (as in this food is good or I want some of whatever you are eating)). She loves music, and last Sunday she stumbled to the front of the relief society room and started leading the hymn.


My friend, G, told me that every time he watches Biggest Loser he craves doughnuts. Ironic, right? Well, last week CMT had a Nanny 911 marathon. I ignored XM for about 2 hours while I watched a few episodes. Sadly ironic.


I made Freya a few sweaters out of old shirts. She loves them.

I was 650 pages into Brisingr (the third book in the inheritance trilogy) before I realized there is going to be a fourth book. I’m very annoyed.

6 comments:

runningfan said...

That's a pretty good walker you've got! I can't believe how grown up she is!

I'm totally with you on the Simon thing. It made me want to throw up.

Garry's with you on Brisingr! It's no fun waiting for sequels when you've powered through a series and want some resolution!

Hailey Vial said...

NIc and I watched AI last night, it was kind of boring, so we switched between that and Biggest loser (which I watch while eating too!)
Simon is not refreshing anymore, and this new kid they 've got, she's not that great either.
P.s. your cat is creepy. Even wearing a sweater.

G said...

I wanted to blog about my annoyance with Simon too. That woman was repulsive and his reaction to her was even worse. I agree she was very attractive, but I hate it when someone relies on their looks to get what they want. Didn't her mama teach her self-respect?

M said...

That last comment was from me and not G.

Yang said...

Because G (like the rest of us who make up the other half of the population) would have likley said, "I kinda agreed with Simon, welcome to Hollywood baby!"

Anonymous said...

Will and I are AI addicts (again) this season. Will loves Simon. When he saw Simon's reaction to the bikini girl, he said it made his day. Nice. OH! I just discoverd your YouTube videos! XM is sooooo adorable!!! She's already walking! Yikes!!!