Monday, January 19, 2009

Soliciting Advice

Occasionally I will scroll through the hundreds of pictures I have saved on my computer. Cute pictures like this one:


Or this one:










Or this one:










These pictures are hidden away in my computer and not admired nearly often enough. I have printed a small fraction of the pictures saved on my computer, and I've placed an even smaller fraction of those in scrapbooks. I am not a crafty person, and I am known to be afraid of colorful things; nevertheless, I've tried to keep current on scrapbooking. I'm losing in that effort. Aside from Xiao Mei's baby book, my most recent scrapbook contains pictures from 2003.

So, as my digital memories get larger and larger, and my corresponding actual memories get fuzzier and fuzzier, I am considering digital scrapbooking.

On to my request: do you scrapbook digitally? If so, what program do you recommend? How do you publish your scrapbooks?

Thanks in advance for recommendations.

8 comments:

Julie and Pete said...

Love the pictures! My sister-in-law has a good idea of who's good for digital. I'll ask her.

Hailey Vial said...

I recommend making a book out of them through walmart.com or my friend Dani is big on the digital scrapbooking and this is her link http://www.designbydani.com/blog/
I'm going to buy me a digital picture frame so that I can see all my favorites on the wall.

runningfan said...

I'm a little intimidated by digital scrapbooking, but photo books you can make online are great. Templates are ready-made and you just plop in photos and captions or blocks of text! All kinds of photo developing sites have them, or there's a place called HeritageMakers.com that has fancier options. Or you could consider Blurb. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I tried scrapbooking, but it takes too long and it is too much work for me. :) I love my digital picture frame, though - it reminds me of many memories I might be in danger of forgetting!

Ashley E said...

Sorry. I guess I still do it the old school way. Gives me a reason 2x a year to get away all day long to attend the expo.

Kimberly said...

Digital is the best... I will do a post on my blog just for you:)

Jess said...

I've used both blurb.com and mycanvas.com. Blurb is by far the cheapest of the two and the quickest since they have templates.... but not much room for creativity. My Canvas on the other hand, is 100% creativity and scrapbooky-like. I used My Canvas only because my roommates work there and could get me a deep discount for the project I was working on. :)

Melinda said...

I am so happy to have found your blog!!! We miss you guys so much. You family is beautiful and I love the pictures. I know what you mean about not keeping up and I have no good advice, but I'd love to know what you end up doing. I am sadly losing the scrapbooking battle and I have not done anything about it. I also need to figure out a system that works.