Monday, July 14, 2008

Random Survey

Zelophehad’s Daughters posted this random survey. I have never commented there, so I didn’t want to leave a comment with my answers. I thought it would be fun to answer here.

1. What’s your favorite movie soundtrack?

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, with Lord of the Rings a close second.

2. What’s your favorite holiday?

Christmas

3. What’s your favorite planet?

Earth, though I do love the rings on Saturn.

4. What is the last book you read for fun?

The Host

5. What’s the craziest space doctrine you’ve ever learned in a Church context?

(I do realize this is a tricky one–if we can’t delimit our doctrine, we certainly can’t delimit our space doctrine either. One person’s cherished doctrinal wisdom is another’s cherished doctrinal hogwash. So just define “space doctrine” however you’d like, and try to be respectful of others.)

If you’re not Mormon, you are missing out on our lovely array of crazy space doctrine. If you are Mormon, did you ever hear the one about dinosaur bones? Yup, they came from a different planet.

6. What’s your dream job?

US Ambassador to China. Yang and I talked about joining the Foreign Service when we were newly married. We decided to go to law school instead.

7. What’s your favorite food group?

Dairy, because it encompasses ice cream and cheese.

8. What’s your favorite letter of the alphabet?

K, with Z as close second.

9. What’s your favorite musical instrument?

Guitar to play, piano to listen to.

10. Which of the Standard Works do you like best (counting OT and NT separately)?

NT

11. If you weren’t (or aren’t) Mormon, what religion would you be?

Wiccan, UCC, or maybe I would make up my own religion.

1 comment:

Hailey Vial said...

I love this! I am totally killing perfectly good work-on-my -stinkin-rslesson-time by reading everyone's blogs, and your lovely novella is first. I love the "space doctine" and I won't say mine, because I'm in the procrastinating mood so I'll probably do it on my blog. Thanks!