Sunday, February 22, 2004

Church

Yang and I spoke in church today. I am glad it is over. I don’t know why I get so nervous about speaking in church. I think I was less nervous arguing for moot court last year than I was this morning. Anyway, I know Yang did excellent (he sang a beautiful song in addition to his talk), and I think I did okay. At the very least, I am still alive. Plenty of people came up to me after and told me it was wonderful. However, I can’t really gauge the quality of my speaking ability from those comments. People are just too nice. I could have talked about Harry Potter the whole time and I am sure I would receive the same compliments. I wish I had critical feedback from a panel of judges- like first year moot court. “Well, Yin, you looked confident but your intro was really weak.” “You were too stoic when you related that first story, but way too emotional during the other story.” “Perhaps you should use less scripture and more policy.” “Yin- you are just not believable. Perhaps you should try and avoid religious speaking.” Yeah. On second thought, maybe it is best to just receive compliments from the really nice people in the congregation.

No comments: