Wednesday, February 25, 2004

First Amendment Rights

I started laughing today while I was studying. I don't know why I remembered this today. Last year during a Con Law discussion, I don't even remember what about, someone in the class raised their hand and asked, "What about our first amendment right to happiness?"

Now I had said (and continue to say) plenty of idiotic things in class, but after that one I didn't feel so bad. I wouldn't guess there are many who could recite the guarantees of the first amendment (or any of the first ten) without some kind of refresher. However, considering this was a Con Law class, it was particularly embarrassing for everyone involved. Oh well. The nice thing about situations like this is that I am sure no one can remember who said it (me included), just that it was said.

Lets all do what we can to protect our first amendment right to happiness.

No comments: